Mama's Cream Cheese Icing
This is Mama's recipe she uses for all her icing needs. Whether it's cakes, cupcakes, cinnamon buns or more! We hope you find this recipe simple, delightful and delicious. We know everyone here does :)
Note: This is a large batch recipe, making enough for 12 Cupcakes.
Low Carb Mama's Cream Cheese Icing
Estimated Time: 5-10mins prep
- 8 oz of Cream Cheese (at Room Temp)
- 4 Tbsp of High Fat Cream
- ⅔ Cup of Powdered Swerve
- 2 tsp of Powdered Stevia
- 2 tsp of Vanilla
- Beat together the cream cheese and vanilla on High until thick and no lumps remain
- Blend the Swerve and Stevia together separately before adding it to the cream cheese mixture 2 Tbsp at a time, beating it until smooth
- You can use the icing as is for cakes or other desserts, as it will be thick enough for layering
- (Optional) If using for decoration, take ½ cup of the mix and add 2 additional Tbsp of Swerve and 2 drops of your desired food colouring. Mix until colouring is fully combined, and use for anything pipe work or decorations
- (Optional) Once done icing your desserts, you can refrigerate or freeze to keep them longer. Use pieces of parchment paper on top to help the process. And if freezing, wrap first in plastic wrap then foil. Thaw unwrapped for 1-2 hours before eating, if frozen.
Macros: 113 Cal, 11 Fat, 6 Protein, 0 Fiber, 1.2 Net Carb
Disclaimer: As with all of Mama's Recipes, this is a Low Carb and Gluten Free recipe. However, feel free to adjust with substitutes where you like. Such as egg or dairy vegan substitutes, for example.