Best Ever Thyme and Rosemary Crispy Crackers
by Patti 'Mama' Corso-Driedger
Need that "crispy crunch"? Mama's gluten free, keto crackers are sure to please, and are so quick and easy to make! Enjoy them as they are or top with cheese, tuna or anything else you choose. They are great to snack on any time on their own or as an appetizer! The carbs are so, no need to portion control!
Patti 'Mama' Corso-Driedger
1/2 cup Mama's Biscuit Mix
1 tbl sunflower seeds
1 tbl egg white
1 tbl hot water
1 tsp amino acids
1 tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1/3 tsp pink salt
1/4 tsp crushed rosemary
1/4 tsp crushed thyme
Heat Oven to 350°
Line a baking sheet with Parchment
In a bowl mix all dry ingredients till well incorporated
In another bowl add warm water, amino's and egg white (can use prepared liquid egg white)
Add wet ingredients to dry and stir well, will be crumbly.
Turn dough crumbs onto a piece of clear food wrap and use it to form a dough ball.
Place the dough ball on the parchment and top with another piece of parchment and roll flat, the thinner the better.
Remove top parchment and score with a pizza cutter into desire squares about 1 to 1.5 in, makes 48 - 60 crackers.
Bake for 5 min, then flip and bake for 2 min, crackers should just be starting to turn golden, remove golden crackers and bake remaining crackers for another minute.
Cool completely, they crisp up as they cool, can be left in an open container or in a glass jar to maintain crispness.
Replace the egg white with 1 tsp chia seeds and 2-3 tsp of warm water, let the chia seeds sit in the warm water for a few miunted before adding the remaining water and amini's. Then add to dry ingredients and procede with the rest of the steps.
- Salteen - Omit the thyme and rosemary and sprinkle a little salt on rolled crackers prior to baking.
- Chive and garlic - Replace the thyme and rosemary with 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and 1 tbl chives
- Cheese - Replace the thyme and rosemary with 1 tbl of nutritional yeast, may need to add an addition 1/2 to 1 tsp of water
- Chilli Spice - Replace the thyme and rosemary with 1/2 tsp garlic powder and 1/4 - 1/2 tsp chilli spice
- Create your own flavours by switching out the thyme and rosemary for other spices that you like. IE cracked pepper and salt,
- Serving Size
- 8 Crackers
- per serving
- 5.5 grams
- 2.8 grams
- Net Carbs
- 2.7 grams
- 7.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 273 milligrams
Disclaimer: As with all of Mama's Recipes, this is a Low Carb and Gluten Free recipe. However, feel free to adjust with substitutes where you like. Such as egg or dairy vegan substitutes, for example.